Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SiteHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New Voting System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheJonas
Kings
Kings
TheJonas

Number of posts : 1387
RepPower: : The New Voting System Kings
Registration date : 2008-02-07

The New Voting System Empty
PostSubject: The New Voting System   The New Voting System Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm

As said in the SOTW winners thread, we have made a new voting system. It has been used in this weeks SOTW and WOTW, although the AOTW was still with the old points.

The voting system is taking to use because it will be easier in many ways. First of all, we'd like to tell you how it works.
It basicly works the same way as our Season System. The staff votes for every sig and the points are counted up. Then we divide the points, by the number of staff votes. So, for example, if LosCules reaches a score of 60 points and 6 of our staff have voted, the calculation would be like this: 60/6. This would mean LosCules' final score would be 10 points. If we use Tiempo as an example, he could get 46 points. Tiempo of course vote together with the rest of the staff. But, in the staff we dont vote for our own sigs, avas or walls, as it would be unfair (therefor he starts with the low score, as he got one vote less). Because of that we would only divide by 5. The caculation would then be 5/46. Tiempos score would then be 9,20.

As said, this would make it easier in many ways. For you, it would mean you're final score is the avarage of the staff vote. The staff gives ratings from 2-20 (but only equal numbers) - 20 is perfect, 10 is avarage. Get it? If you're score is 14,6, then that is the avarage of the staff votes. Now, you will allways be able to compare the weeks results, and see which sig has got the highest rating in the history of the site. It would also make it easier for us to add the scores to the season standings.

Hope you like our new system. Any questions, comments, etc. please feel free to use this thread. Comments are very appreciated.
Back to top Go down
LosCules
Golden Members
Golden Members
LosCules

Number of posts : 195
RepPower: : The New Voting System Golden
Registration date : 2008-04-14

The New Voting System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Voting System   The New Voting System Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:42 am

That's a nice system, I was thinking on it when I was in China and I also thought the points system would be biased if you didn't make some average thing. Nice system now, I think it's close to faultless Smile
Back to top Go down

The New Voting System
Page 1 of 1